Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mudballs.

           Hihi...=) Today I would like to share with you my experience of making mudballs. My company makes mudballs every year. I heard of this thing before, but honestly, I don't know it's actually called mudballs and I had no idea how it look like. Haha...I was kinda excited, although I looked cool outside. Haha...

             For your information, mudballs are made of EM liquid, rice bran  and clay soil. And what is 'EM'? 'EM' stands for 'effective microorganisns'. The mudball are used to clean up bodies of water such as rivers, lakes, and oceans. According to my colleagues, they said the mudballs that we made will be thrown in the river mouth Gelugor, Penang. 

               Let me show you how we made the mudballs. Come come...^.^

Haha...Let us start with a smiling mudball.



Rice bran and clay soil.


 
 Mixed up the rice bran and clay soil.



  EM liquid, they smelt like brown sugar. Yiak...>.<



Added in the EM liquid into the rice bran and clay soil.



Mix well to ensure it is not too wet or too dry.

 
 
Haha, 'safety precaution' to prevent our precious hands to become smelly.



Go go go!!






 Me making mudball ^.^


Our target was to make 1000 mudballs. =D


After the mudballs were made, 
they were left for few days to dry and this is how they look after dry.
Then they are ready to be thrown into the river.



Feel great to take part in this activity. 
Happy that I can contribute to the mother nature.
We Malaysian should more active in these kind of activity.
 That's all for this post. =D
Thanks for reading my blog ya.
Nitez nitez ^.^
See you again.
Tata.=)

P/S: A smile is the shortest distance between two people. Cheers =)

4 comments:

  1. ur face looks like mudballs hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaahahaha....ecc, ur face look like a thg which is start with capital 'L' one...ahahhaha....know what is that??hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello. You have a very nice blog here.And i am very curious to know more about this mudballs making process. I was wondering how do they make the EM liquid? And how long does it take exactly to make it? Hope ya can reply to me soon. Tq

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info. we are doing an assignment on mudball for introduction to biotech.

    ReplyDelete